CIW E-Commerce Specialist Training (1D0-525)
A sure way of becoming an indispensable part of a web or marketing team is to acquire – and be able to demonstrate – a working knowledge of e-commerce strategies. CIW E-Commerce Specialist allows you to do just that, studying online at your own pace and convenience.
This programme is a natural step from the CIW Web Foundations course, and therefore assumes candidates already have an understanding of the foundations of web technologies, along with the ambition to master e-commerce strategies and site design. They are likely to be working in one of the following sectors:
- Web Design
- Internet Consultancy
- Information Technology
- Web and Graphic Design
- Business from other sectors for which web technology is fundamental.
As the course progresses, candidates learn advanced methods for conducting business online, including the marketing and legal issues involved – plus the technologies and software which enable e-commerce specialists to excel in their work. All of this is ideal preparation for progressing your career to the next level.
Key learning points
- This courses teaches how to conduct business online and manage the technical issues associated with creating an e-commerce website.
- Through a range of fascinating, in-depth modules, learners will discover the similarities and differences between traditional and e-commerce, exploring e-commerce technologies up to a sophisticated level. Course content includes:
- E-commerce foundations
- Law and the Internet
- Web marketing goals
- Online product promotion
- Site usability
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and e-services
- Business-to-business frameworks
- E-commerce site creation packages – outsourcing
- E-commerce site creation software
- Site development software implementation
- E-commerce site development using commerce server
- Creating an online catalogue
- Inventory control and order processing
- Payment gateways
- E-service implementation and support
- Transaction and website security
- E-learning solutions
- Site management and performance testing
Advantages of this course
- Learners can transform their existing knowledge of web technology and become advanced users of e-commerce practices and site design.
- It is accessible for a wide range of professionals who already use the internet at work, from web Designers to IT Consultants, Marketers – and people in a wide range of other technology-focused businesses.
- The CIW E-Commerce Strategies and Practices course prepares candidates to take the CIW E-Commerce Specialist exam, which, if passed, leads to CIW E-Commerce Specialist certification.
- Candidates who also pass the CIW Web Design Specialist exam earn the advanced CIW Web Design Professional certification.
- Upon completion, learners will have a new, advanced set of career skills including:
- Designing and implementing commerce-driven websites
- Identifying customer needs
- Monitoring customer usage patterns
- Determining order processes and service after sales
- Considering how e-business solutions can increase sales.
Salary range chart
- Electronic Commerce Foundations
- Law and the Internet
- Web Marketing Goals
- Online Product Promotion
- Site Usability
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and E-Services
- Business-to-Business Frameworks
- E-Commerce Site Creation Packages — Outsourcing
- E-Commerce Site Creation Software
- Site Development Software Implementation
- E-Commerce Site Development Using Commerce Server
- Creating an Online Catalog
- Inventory Control and Order Processing
- Payment Gateways
- E-Service Implementation and Support
- Transaction and Web Site Security
- E-Learning Solutions
- Site Management and Performance Testing
|CIW - E Commerce|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above