CIW Internet Business Associate Training (1D0-61A)
This course provides a stimulating mix of skills and knowledge to enable people to excel in today’s fast-moving business environment. It is a major step to gaining CIW Internet Business Associate certification and provides employers with the evidence they need of candidates’ proficiency in Internet use for business – an important competitive advantage in today’s marketplace.
The course is ideal for two broad and distinct types of learner:
- Students who would like an extra qualification – and an important extra selling point for entering the job market. They may be at high school, college or technical school.
- Professionals looking to add to their existing skills with a view to furthering their career. They may be working in a variety of sectors including:
- Graphic Design
- A wide range of other businesses
Learners are taken on a journey through the fundamental aspects of the Internet and how it is used in the business environment. This encompasses the use of web search engines for basic and advanced searches, effective ways of researching and communicating on the Internet, cloud computing and mobile devices, and the all-important subject of privacy and the Internet. What are the risks and what measures can be taken to keep personal information secure? More detail in course content can be found in ‘Key leaning points’ (below).
The only prior experience required for this course is familiarity with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7. It does not provide entry-level computer literacy but builds upon an existing foundation of knowledge, giving learners a real advantage in a wide range of careers in which the Internet is a key tool.
Key learning points
Part of the Web Foundations Series, the purpose of the course is to equip learners with a powerful core knowledge of the Internet, and apply the foundation skills required for further specialization. This includes
- Learning all the skills necessary to work effectively in today’s business environment.
- Learning about the tasks involved in web technology roles and the skills and technological knowledge to perform them.
It covers a broad range of topics, giving learners a comprehensive knowledge and skills base with which to start or further their career:
- Internet connection methods, Internet protocols, the Domain Name System (DNS) and cloud computing
- The basic functions of web browsers, the components of web addresses, the use and control of cookies, and browser use in the business world
- Browser plug-ins and add-ons, and use of browsers to download and manage files
- Databases as they relate to web search engines, and ways to conduct basic and advanced web searches
- Configuration and use of e-mail clients, guidelines for effective communication over the Internet using modern web technologies and social networking tools
- Internet research and collaboration tools, software development tools, and the patent and licensing practices that accompany software applications
- Issues and risks associated with the Internet, and the security measures that can keep your computer system and your personal information secure
- Fundamental elements of project and program management, and the importance of acquiring these skills for all IT job roles.
Advantages of this course
- This course gives learners the key skills and knowledge necessary to use the Internet effectively in a wide variety of business environments.
- It is ideal for students who want to increase their knowledge and boost their CV, and also for professionals looking to advance their careers.
- It prepares learners to take the CIW Internet Business Associate Exam, which has a passing score of 66%.
- There is the freedom to mix and match previous-version exams with new-version exams in order to earn the CIW Internet Business Associate certification.
- Certification provides clear evidence to potential or existing employers of a broad knowledge base of the important technology affecting virtually every business operating in today’s marketplace.
- Introduction to IT Business and Careers
- Internet Communication
- Introduction to Internet Technology
- Web Browsing
- Multimedia on the Web
- Databases and Web Search Engines
- Business E Mail and Personal Information Management
- Protecting Yourself Online
- Internet Services and Tools for Business
- IT Project and Program Management
|CIW - Internet Business Associate|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above