CeRER Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (Level 3)
What is the CeRER Level 3 Qualification
The mortgage market is rapidly growing, and market trends are continuously evolving and changing. Individuals and organisations need to keep up with these changes to stay ahead. Advisors can provide a variety of products and services to their clients, which includes the Equity Release market. This course (and subsequent exam), will enable you to help your customers out with Equity Release.
Learn how to successfully examine your customer’s requirements and offer them the correct advice on a range of products and associate risks.
During this course you’ll learn:
- The impact of equity release schemes on customers’ future options
- The FCA regulatory explanation of a lifetime mortgage and a home reversion plan
- How to match different types of equity release schemes to your customers’ needs
- The suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release schemes
- The relative advantages and disadvantages of the different types of equity release arrangements and alternatives
- How to assess the risks to customers who take out equity release schemes and when these might arise
- The rules relating to state benefits as well as taxation
Is this CeRER qualification right for me?
This course would be beneficial for anyone holding a CeMAP (or another Level 3 Mortgage Qualification), and who wants to be able to provide advice Equity Release products. If you’re currently studying for your CeMAP certification, this course would also make a fantastic additional qualification for you to take.
You may register to study your CeRER® qualification anytime, but to complete the qualification you must either hold a Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage and Practice (CeMAP®), or an equivalent qualification to CeMAP®. If you do not hold either qualification, you should first register for the CeMAP® Module 1, 2, & 3 certification package.
Where could this qualification take me next?
Once you have completed your CeMAP and CeRER qualifications and passed your exams, you can work as a Mortgage Advisor, offering advice across a range of products and Equity Release options.
You can expect to earn around £30k* per annum, with an OTE exceeding £50k per annum. Training to become a Mortgage Advisor is an excellent career choice, and with experience, you can work your way into more senior job roles, with a higher earning potential.
Other job roles include:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k
- Protection Advisor – £50k
- Business Owner – Mortgage Advisor – £30-£55k+
Why choose to study with us?
As a leading provider of CeMAP® and CeRER training, we offer excellent training materials, and an easy to navigate Online learning platform. Our course prices are competitive, and we offer 0% APR finance options for our delegates. As this course is 100% online, you can study anywhere, and anytime you like.
You will also benefit from:
- An updated Syllabus
- Career Flexibility
- Working at your own pace
- Unlimited Tutor Support
CeRER Syllabus & Exam Details
This is a two-day immersive course, focussing on the two units required to take the examination for the Level 3- Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) designation.
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Equity Release (FOER)
- The principles of equity release
- Types of schemes available and the circumstances in which equity release may be appropriate
- The advantages, disadvantages and potential risks to consumers
- Unit 2 – Equity Release Solutions (EQRS)
- Selecting suitable equity release solutions to meet circumstances of different types of consumers
CeRER Exam Details
The core Equity Release module is assessed through a single 2-hour objective exam, split into two units. Unit 1 is 50 multiple-choice questions, and Unit 2 is 3 case studies with 10 linked multiple-choice questions.
After the advice given by the Government, NHS and WHO, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all our delegates attending our classrooms and events. This has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We wanted to reassure you that all our scheduled classrooms and events will still be running. However, we will be now be offering them Virtually.
This decision to move all learning to Virtual and to offer support remotely has been taken to protect delegates and trainers. This allows delegates to continue their learning and for trainers to maintain the same level of service.
Because the situation is changing daily, we will do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date information, and this will be communicated via our website or email.
For anyone with queries regarding classrooms you are about to attend, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 02 3198 7706.
Please stay safe.